Wednesday 22 February 2012

Foam Board Prints...

Today I am creating a foam board print to show my students after half term. For me it is a very simple and one of the easiest printing techniques (apart from potato prints!). As you can see below I have already made a few using a photo of a fern, some printed on paper and some on fabric which can be stitched into.
These are some old ones, however you can see below how easy it is to make. You can use recycled foam at home for example the white thin foam which lies under a pizza base is perfect to use or you can buy this foam board from any good arts/craft shop. You can draw straight onto the board or trace and image which you would like to use. Don't make it too thin an image as you will find it hard to cut out the entire shape afterwards. Use a sharp pencil or Biro to impress a mark for the lines, making small dotted marks is also effective. Below I am using a William Morris design onto my foam board, you can pretty much use whatever you like
Detail in Morris's Work
 I will print this tomorrow and show you the outcome. I am just going to use printing rollers and water based ink. I am going to create a paper collage to aline the print with, experiment with repeated pattern and print onto fabric. See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment