Friday 9 March 2012

Simple foam board prints...

Here is the foam board print I etched into a few weeks ago (a little late I know...) I have lined up the stem of the leaf and repeated the print. A very simple way of printing with a really effective outcome, this was printed onto patterned fabric, which always makes a print more interesting to look at. I made sure I picked out the darker green in the fabric to ensure it would stand out on the fabric and not get lost. I also tried to match the thread colouring to some of the fabric patterns underneath. I used some water based inks (see pic) and two printing rollers - one to roll the ink with and one to roll the print with - which should be kept dry. I also use a sheet of glass to mix and roll the inks on, you can use an old piece of glass from a picture frame or a thin piece of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment